Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - October 29, 2008

I was working on a video documentary today that will cover the installation of three public artworks in the County. Today we started with Alice Aycock who is an accomplished public artist from New York and has art all over the country as well as in museums. I got to interview her (I was off camera) and we will edit this all together for a piece that will air at an art exhibit in September 2009. I am working with a company named Image Alliance. I have worked with them before on other video projects.

This is a photo of the Field House at the Central Broward Regional Park. It was a beautiful South Florida day. They kind of day that you dream of in the middle of the summer. I even got to wear my leather jacket this morning.

The purpose of this park is Cricket. Yeah, I know, Cricket. It is apparently a really popular sport in this country. Who knew?



This is Alice Aycock having her hair and make up done by Connie Jennings. I have known Connie for about 18 years . . . or maybe more! She has seen my girls grow up from little babies!



This is a photo of the artwork entitled, Whirls and Swirls and a Vortex on Water, a sculpture of metal, steel, concrete and acrylic, measures approximately 34’ wide and 17’ tall and hovers slightly above water in a 30’ x 21’ elliptical-shaped pool.



And here is Tom testing out the lighting and sound to see if we could interview Alice in front of the artwork. It just didn't work out because it was really noisy. There were many news helicopters everywhere because Barack Obama was on his way to the BankAtlantic Center to do a rally that was live at the end of his 1/2 hour ad buy. I know some folks that attended it. So it didn't work out for us to be outside, plus Alice would have been squinting due to the sun in her eyes. So we opted for inside of the Field House and we will cut in with B roll.

No comments: