Sunday, October 26, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - October 23, 2008


It has begun . . . Rachel's search for a college! Our lives are now changed forever and ever. She is growing up, fast!

But it is okay. I will be sad and I will probably shed a lot of tears but it is what we want for our children. To grow up and succeed in whatever it is that drives their passions.

Rachel and Joel left for Indiana on Thursday to go to Homecoming at Indiana State University, our alma mater. Rachel is interested in attending, but she is also interested in other schools.

This photo was taken by Joel's cell phone as they were walking on campus. The weather is a bit chillier than in South Florida . . . it was 54 degrees when he took this photo and it went down to the 30s at night! I don't think that part scares Rachel at all. I love the seasonal changes, but I can't tolerate the winters anymore. I guess my blood has thinned after almost 30 years in the south!

Rachel had interviews with the Statesman (school newspaper) director for an internship (paid!!) and finanical aide officer and the admissions officer. So I made sure that she had clothes that made her look professional. If you take a closer look at her jacket . . . that is my silk jacket that my mom bought me in the early 1980s!!! It still is in perfect shape (I hope it is returned to me in the same condition!).

Anyway, I am a proud mom at the moment and until August comes around, I am not crying yet!

No comments: