Saturday, January 30, 2010

Project 365 - January 25, 2010

I am Now Married to a Senior Citizen

Oy vey, when did this happen? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was sitting in my bedroom at 25-37 Healy Avenue in Far Rockaway, with the red carpet, surrounded by my vinyl albums, hundreds of plants, my dog, Sam, and worrying if it was a good or bad hair day? Jump forward a few years and here I am celebrating Joel's 55th birthday! How did the time go so quickly? It really is amazing how many years I have known him. He was 13 maybe 14 when he moved from Flushing, Queens to Far Rockaway. We were friends for years. We didn't date until I was a senior in high school. That is 42 years!! Like I said . . . where did the time go?

However, we are still celebrating all the good times with our family and friends. Here are a few silly photos from Joel's birthday celebration.










My dad is in the spirit. Can't believe he will be 91 in a few weeks! He is as sharp as ever and can reduce me to a 15 year old emotionally in a heartbeat, and he knows it! But he was having fun here! I believe that Adina took this photo.










Lynn and Richard joined in the fun. If you see the computer on the table, that is because we were using Skype to include Rachel in the singing of "Happy Birthday" and the blowing out of the candles! I know, I know. We are so silly!











You can see the cake that Joel made for himself. I was going to do it, but he insisted. Who am I to argue?? He is the cook around here! Rachel is on the computer screen torturing her boyfriend, Noah!











And here is the blowing of the candles! Rachel ceremoniously joined in!!

No comments: