Sunday, January 31, 2010

Project 365 - January 30, 2010

Homework Again!


I started my advanced photography class this past week and we already have homework. The task was to do "Five Sets of Five." My teacher leaves most of the interpretation of that instruction up to us.

So I decided to not only shoot in black and white, but to do a progression of events that add up to a set of five.

Adina needed a haircut, so I decided to take a few shots in sequence and keep the best of the best. Shooting on manual, I had several factors working against me . . . florescent light, low light, slow shutter speed and lack of time.

So I shot about six to 10 shots of each of the events that I wanted to catch. Below is the end result of the fruits of my labor. It is only the first attempt at the assignment, but I will do more later.

Comments??










































1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi JR,

Nice shoot! My favorite is the first one of Adina getting her hair washed. I like the composition of that one -- the angle of Adina's hair and the hands of the hairdresser are great. I also like the light/dark contrast in the picture and the motion of the hairdresser's hands in contrast with the focus on Adina's face and hair.

Glad to see you are having fun! Keep up the great work!