Sunday, September 6, 2009

Project 365 - August 20, 2009

Indiana State Fair

I had NEVER been to a state fair. Sure, I have been to hundreds of festivals and fairs, but nothing like a REAL state fair. Complete with livestock, fried EVERYTHING, rides, arts and crafts and music.



















This was one VERY noisy rooster. I tried to record the sound inside the poultry building, but they had very noisy fans to keep the air moving and that interfered with my recording, but I did manage to snap this photo of this very pretty bird!














This made us all laugh pretty hard. Some guy took the time to create this artwork of sorts that looks like a cockroach rodeo to promote the "Roach Races" -- truly, I am not making this stuff up.














I loved this photo of the piglet trying to climb onto his mommy's snout. You can see the other piglets in the background, but this little guy wouldn't stop climbing.




















After the fair (we left the house at 9:30 a.m. and it was a little over an hour drive and we spent about five hours there) we relaxed at the lake. The girls dipped in the water (again, not me!! I am not a brave soul when it comes to deep water). Then they dried off on the dock.














The end of the day gave us a spectacular sunset. I took this from the car window. Shear luck!

No comments: