Sunday, December 20, 2009

Project 365 - November 27, 2009

Hey You're in My Hammock!

It was a wonderfully sunny and hot day and we had already set the table for Thanksgiving dinner, so we went outside to relax on the hammock. Oh, right, Rachel plopped down and spread out so that mommy didn't have any room.

No problem, just grabbed my camera and started shooting whatever. These are my results.













Who knew that weeds could be so pretty. A little crawling around on my stomach in the grass gave me a bug's eye view of these pretty weeds.











Next to our cement pad that serves as our "backyard" are three huge clay pots filled with flowering plants. Don't know what they are called, but I love the colors and the textures. This moth or butterfly (I guess butterfly since moths don't fly around during the day) landed on one of the flowers and I took a few shots. This was the best of the bunch. A bit over exposed I think but okay.











This lizard lives in and around the base of the potted plant on a constant search for insects to ingest. He posed long enough for me to take this shot. I love the wide aperture and short focal range. And, see the stem of the plant? I love the rugged texture.













Now you can see why there was no room on the hammock for me. But there is my college student, relaxing before the storm of visitors decended upon us for the Thanksgiving feast!





I loved the way the sun was making Grace's ears glow. I admit I used Photoshop to brighten up her eyes a bit, but not much.

No comments: