Monday, December 29, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve. Although it is not my holiday, I have come to embrace the spirit of the season. I love the excitement of flurry of cards in the mail and the phone calls and the holiday parties. I enjoy the colorful lights in the neighborhoods and we decorate our house with lots of trimmings (which the cats love to bat around the house all night while we are fast asleep).

During the day I took the girls to an art exhibit near our house of Ansel Adams photography. Love his work . . . black and white is so timeless. I remember my high school advisor, Mr. Smith, had a calendar on his wall of Ansel Adams work and I asked him about it.



The first photo is at the Sunrise Civic Center after we went through the exhibit and it had just stopped raining. I liked the composition and the grayness of the day in contrast to the colors of the aqua railing.



In the evening we headed down to Hialeah to a Christmas Party complete with a turkey, ham and roast pork, egg nog and a beautiful tree with many tiny children running around in their excitement.



These chairs were so colorful and arty looking. I sat in them most of the evening and they were actually quite comfy. But I had to take a photo of them.



I have been shooting in RAW so that I could further play with the exposures and colors. This photo was almost completely dark and I was able to salvage it in Photoshop.



And here is my bedroom . . . I was in the midst of wrapping the last of the presents.

No comments: