Monday, June 9, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - June 8, 2008

Today was a very special day. Today was the day that I was going to meet Davy Jones. Yes, THE Davy Jones from the Monkees! This was one of my teen idols, along with Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy. So I have met two out of the three!

But first, I had to take the cute animal photo of the day.



This is Newton all wrapped up in our brand new rug!



Here is Rachel, beaming from ear to ear as Davy leaned in to take this photo with her. She was thrilled (can you tell?)



Okay, so I was thrilled too. Couldn't stop smiling for a long while. All I could think of was my friend Susan and I singing Monkee songs in my bedroom in NY. And I can't wait to hear her reaction when she looks at these photos! We were once so in love with this guy!

I told him that I saw him as the Artful Dodger in Oliver on Broadway in 1964. He didn't believe me! But I really did and somewhere I have the Playbill with his autograph!



I took this photo of Davy Jones as he was telling us the history of the movie, "Head" which was produced and written by Jack Nicholson in 1968. He basically said that they were all so stoned that they didn't remember any of it so he stuck around and watched the film with us. The film had so many cameos including: Annette Funicello, Jack Nicholson, Frank Zappa, Teri Garr, Victor Mature and Sonny Liston.

the plot was non-existent but it was a true slice of the psychedelic 60s

No comments: