Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Photo of the Day - May 25, 2011

Nothing Ever Happens in Lauderhill

Yeah, right!

So, I am on my way home with Adina . . . we had to go to the chiropractor . . . and about a block away from our house, we see a line of traffic cones blocking most of the traffic.  I squeezed through (where someone else had knocked one down) and as I approached my guard gate I see fire engines, police cars, ambulances and people everywhere!  There was this one car that looked like it had caught on fire.  It was a melted, twisted piece of metal.

I know that we missed whatever caused it.  So as we got inside the guard gate, I saw Rachel walking toward the gate.  She said that she heard a loud explosion and that Joel was stuck at City Hall because they blocked Inverrary Blvd. near Oakland Park Blvd.  So instead of going around Rock Island Road, he just waited there.  And he had our Chinese Food dinner.

Oh well.

I parked my car, grabbed my camera and ran out to snap whatever I could!  Not my best work, but hey, it is what I saw.

But I made a new friend!  He is the Battalion Chief for the City of Lauderhill's Fire Rescue.  We started to talk about photography.  He is a wealth of knowledge.  He used to be a Miami Herald photographer and still contributes to the Getty Images.  He was throwing all sorts of information out at me.  Way too much for my brain to process all at once, but it will come back as I let it sink in!


Rachel and Adina came out to watch too


I just had to take this girl's photo.  Loved the hair!

No comments: