Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project 365 - February 24, 2010

Calm Before the Storm

Some photos just happen. I got home pretty early today from work. I knew that it was going to rain, but I figured I would just take a short walk around the grounds close to the house so if it did rain I could bolt home.

I edged my way around the lake and just saw the canoe on the grass and the palm tree framing the scene in front of me. I wanted a good depth of field so I think I was at about 9 or 11 on f-stop and about 30 on the shutter speed with an ISO of 400 because it was so dark.

I love the way the lake is so calm, not many ripples except for a couple of turtles poking their heads up here and there. The clouds are textured and have deep purples and greys which are reflected in the water.

I didn't do much to this image except for adjust the levels a bit and then crop to an 8 by 10 image.

Didn't get much else, but it was a nice relaxing walk before dinner.

No comments: