Monday, October 19, 2009

Project 365 - October 16, 2009

2009 Titan Invitational

Friday and Saturday Nova High School hosted the Titan Invitational. This is the name of the Debate Tournament that takes place at our home high school. Because Nova is the host, our kids don't compete. Instead, they do lots of volunteering. They all wear their tee shirts and guide the visiting teams through the maze of the school grounds and help to serve food and clean up.

Parents also volunteer by judging, preparing and serving food or selling food and cleaning up too. I was supposed to judge, but they never called Joel or my name, so I ended up grabbing my camera and snapping tons of photos of the kids around the campus. I, of course, asked for permission first, the only thing I couldn't do was to take photos of the visiting kids since we didn't have their media releases.

Most of the parents thought that I was from the Sun-Sentinel! I just let them think whatever they wanted to think. Easier that trying to explain over and over.

Most of the kids love to pose, some were shy, but most just dove in and gave me their best smiles and silliness. I captured it all and burned the images to a CD for the teacher. This was my favorite because it is the only one with my daughter in it! Adina was so busy working that I didn't see her for five hours! By 11 p.m. I was REALLY ready to go home.

No comments: