Monday, May 11, 2009

Project 365 - May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

As my mother always said, "Every day is Mother's Day, I don't need a special day to celebrate it." And I agree with her.

So what does a good daughter do on Mother's Day? Go and visit her mom. I sat for a long while just staring at her stone and talking to her. Nothing profound, just rambled and told her all the stuff I have been wanting to say about my girls and my job and whatever popped into my head. I wasn't alone, there were so many others there that day doing the same. Although I go fairly often, I don't usually go on Mother's Day, like my privacy when I visit my mom.

In fact, I much prefer visiting her brick on Riverwalk which is near the Brwoard Center for the Performing Arts. A place where she adored. A place that is the result of the fruits of the labor of my office! A place that I love too because my mom instilled a deep love of the arts in me by surrounding me with art and music all of my growing up years. She took me to the theater, to the ballet, to Radio City Music Hall, to the Museum of Natural History, the Guggenheim, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Ellis Island, Washington, DC . . . the list is endless. And I have done the same for my own children.

So to my mom, thank you for all that you have done for me, I love you now and forever, up to the sky and back down again.

No comments: