Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - February 12, 2011

Photo of the Day - February 12, 2011

Today was an EXTREMELY long day.  It started out at 6 a.m.  I know that is really early for a Saturday but Adina had a Debate Tournament in Coral Springs and she had to be there at 7:30 a.m.

Once we dropped Adina at the high school Joel and I were determined to find a cool place to eat breakfast.  Not a simple one or a Dunkin Donuts one, but one where we could sit down, read the paper and feel comfy.

So off we drove.  And drove.  And drove. 

Oh, by the way, I wanted to waste a little time because I wanted to go to the Festival Flea Market because they have a HUGE selection of OPI nail polish colors there and the Market didn't open until 9:30 a.m.

We FINALLY found a great Greek diner in Deerfield Beach.  It was absolutely perfect.  The weather was a chilly 52 degrees with a chilling rain and a lot of wind.  So when  we got inside and sat down, we felt right at home.  Just like a diner in New York, the Sherwood Diner to be exact if you have ever heard of it on Rockaway Turnpike.  It was a warm atmosphere, lots of locals chatting with each other and a very friendly waitress who brought us lots of hot coffee!

After a yummy breakfast we headed off to the Festival Flea Market and wandered around forever, it seemed like!  We even ran into our friend, Lynn.  She shared coupons with me and I bought myself a hat that I will use all through the hot summer when I am out shooting.

We continued doing errands . . . Office Max and Staples and other stuff too.  When we got home, I was so tired, but I sat in my comfy chair in Rachel's room and watched a movie.  In the middle of the movie, Grace came into the room and jumped up onto the windowsill to peek outside into the setting sun and to sniff the chilly air (yes the sun finally came out at the end of the afternoon).  I grabbed my camera and snapped a bunch of shots, but this is the one and only that I loved and spoke to me.

No comments: