Sunday, April 11, 2010

Project 365 - April 10, 2010

Routines

Sometimes we don't realize that we have a routine. But we all do to some extent. Humans are basically creatures of habit.

On the weekends, I usually get up on a Saturday and go to the gym. Well this particular Saturday, I was easily talked out of it and Joel and I rolled out of bed extra early for a Saturday morning and went to one of our favorite breakfast joints. It has been around for a really long time in Tamarac and if you don't know it is there, you just drive by it. It is called the Orange Tree and it is a Mom and Pop operation. The atmosphere is quaint, there are curtains on the windows and the food is country cooking, but you can also get other stuff too.

As Joel was about to sit on the stool at the counter, I noticed that the chair had vinyl lettering on it and I snapped this before he sat down. I thought it was a funny shot. Sort of captures the morning spirit until I have a cup of coffee!










This shot speaks to me of a morning routine that probably takes place in many homes around the world. A cup of hot coffee with the morning news. Simple pleasures. It is also a very timeless shot because this could have been taken in 1960 or 1970 and still have told the same story. So I uploaded it in color and in black and white.

Opinions? I am always interested in your opinions.



1 comment:

PoetC7 said...

I sure do like the idea of this. Very creative!