Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Photo of the Day - June 30, 2012

A Jamaica Bay Weekend

My cousin has a home over in Fort Myers.  His company actually owns and manages mobile home properties.  But this place is incredible.  The homes do NOT look like mobile homes.  And the corporate home that we stayed in was luxurious and had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a huge living room, a full kitchen, laundry room and a screened in back porch overlooking a waterway.

We had planned to go over there earlier this summer, but we had to reschedule and it happened to coincide with the same weekend of Joel's brother's memorial.  So my dad came along with us to get out of Broward for the weekend.

We drove over on Friday evening when Rachel got home from work.  We picnicked in the car on Publix subs and got there at about 9:30 p.m.

Early the next morning, everyone was still asleep so I made myself coffee and went outside on the back porch.  I saw something moving in the water, and sure enough it was an alligator!  I got as close as I dared and took a whole bunch of shots, but this one is my favorite.

Later in the day we drove the golf cart around the property and I took the photos of the wine bottle tree and the tiny pineapple growing in the pot.   We visited the pool, the shuffleboard courts and their clubhouse which has a huge stage in it which Adina was more than happy to perform for me from!  Back at the house I took photos of the rooms  because I know that no one would believe how big it is!!

I could go back there any time.  I find it extremely relaxing.  Joel and I went to the pool on Sunday morning before anyone woke up and I sat in the Jacuzzi and Joel sat in the pool.  After a quick trip to Trader Joes's in Naples and lunch at the First Watch restaurant (which was rated the best breakfast in South Florida), we were back on the road to Broward.  Short, bittersweet and relaxing.







No comments: