Saturday, May 22, 2010

Project 365 - May 22, 2010

URBAN MARKET

Today I was up by 6:30 a.m. Yeah, I know it is a Saturday, but I slept great and woke up raring to go. By 8 a.m. Joel and I were in the car heading down to Riverwalk to the Urban Market. I have been hearing all about it, but wanted to check it out myself.

I wandered from vendor to vendor and chatted with almost every vendor! I think they appreciated it. And when they see a camera coming, they seem to warm up immediately. Maybe one of these days I will get an official media pass!

As I wandered, I also ate my way through the market! I started with oatmeal cookies, moved on to spinach empanadas, then wonderfully fresh tomatoes and a rugaleh from one of my colleagues at Stonewall Library!


And as we were about to exit the parking lot at Home Depot, we found this homeless man sitting under the cover of the shade to keep cool with his belongings all around him. Kind of puts a knot in my stomach when I see this and I see this so often where I work. I actually know some of the homeless because they are regulars at the library. Hey it is a public place and they have access to restrooms, water fountains and plenty of books to read and chairs to rest their weary bones.

No comments: