Sunday, February 1, 2009

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - January 31, 2009

Today is the last day of my Project 365. I am proud of myself for continuing this for an entire year. I feel that I have grown as a photographer. I am still an aspiring photographer, but I do believe that I have some good images that I am proud of. I am not sure what I will do next, but it will be something. Something a little less demanding perhaps. Maybe it will be themed. But I now know that I love to shoot nature and objects and close ups. I don't enjoy having to be spontaneous and having pressure of event photography. I will do it, but not for me.

These shot were taken in downtown Fort Lauderdale at the Museum of Art's National Art Festival. It was a crystal clear day that was a bit chilly to begin with but warmed up to about 60 degrees by the time I was leaving.

The life-like sculptures were amazing and reminded me of Duane Hanson's work. In fact he used the same materials that Duane used. In fact, the one photo shows the artist with himself from 20 years ago! He sculpted himself.

I was crawling around on the ground to get some of these shots and had a blast. I would have stayed longer but I was getting hungry and didn't want to eat festival food!

The very last photo is of Joel and my neighbor, Ronnie, moving the Inverrary sign out of the median while the police stopped the traffic. It was knocked down by a car and it needs to be replaced. Never a dull moment around here!

I do hope that you have enjoyed this blog. I know that I have enjoyed myself. And as my friend, Susan has said in her blog, I am not sure sure if I created this blog to show off my photos or to allow me to talk to whomever is reading this about my life and the processes going on in my head about taking these shots.

Stay tuned for my next blog.
Ciao!







No comments: