Sunday, December 4, 2011

Photo of the Day - December 4, 2011

Art Miami

With all day Saturday devoted to resting my sore feet from Friday's adventure in Miami Beach, Adina and I were ready to tackle Art Miami!

Adina had slept at her friend's house so I let her sleep until about 11 a.m. and then I picked her up and (after she changed into her "artsy" clothes, we were off to Miami.  I had an idea of where I was going but used my GPS anyway just to be sure!  Adina and I caught up during the drive.  She had her debate tournament on Saturday and she won first place in the Humerous Interpretation (HI) division!  So very proud of my daughter!!  She signed up for forensic debate in 9th grade and she has stuck with it ever since and wins trophies from time to time.

We arrived in Miami a mere 25 minutes later, there was no traffic at all, even though there were signs all over the place warning us!  There was also a Dolphin game going on at the stadium, but I guess they were all in parking lot by the time I drove by.  After paying our overinflated price at the parking garage, off we went!

The building where all the art was located, was actually the most gigantic tent I have ever seen!  It was amazing really.  We wandered around for hours and hours until our feet ached.  But it was all fun.  There were works of neon, and sculptures, paintings and photographs.  The artwork came from every country you could think of.  Also, there were Warhols, Matisse, Calders, Robert Indianas and more.  By the time we left at about 4:30 we were on art overload!!












No comments: